hi everyone. i'm looking for something and i'm getting overwhelmed by all of the (seemingly unhelpful) bar/restarurant guides.
i haven't been out on a saturday night with my friends in ages. (we're getting old.....er). i have a few friends coming from out of town on the long weekend. they've never been to toronto. we'd like to go out on saturday night but i am really struggling trying to come up with the right place.
- good food, formal-ish dinner (entrees, not just tapas or snackies)
- no where that turns into a club that causes me to lose my table (we are likely going for a 9pm reservation). so, brant house is kind of lukewarm for me b/c of this.
- we're big wine drinkers, so dancing isn't as important. we can go somewhere else if we feel like dancing
- downtown (so i can show off this great city).
- somewhere we can be dressed up (so, no sports bars)
- price point.....nothing crazy expensive since we're drinking, but i would say entrees in the $20-$35 are reasonable. we aren't broke. will to go higher for the right venue.
this is what i have come up with:
- drake rooftop patio
- jamie kennedy (is the one on church still open? i think so...)
- ciao (yorkville). i like it. ;) and it's in a cute area for tourists.
what do you think?
help! i know there are other good options out there. i know the ossington neighbourhood has expanded well.....but i am just so far removed from this scene.
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 8 months ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 4