Hey all. Got one of those is it safe questions.
My grill is in pretty good shape, about 1 year old. But the grates that lie directly on top of the burners which help distribute the heat more equally are getting a bit rusty. It looks like the covering started to peel off and where ever that happened, I'm getting some rust. Not sure if that is a porcelin cover, I think it is.
Anyway, the actual grill/grate where food makes contact is A+. No rust, very clean, etc. But was slightly concerned that the rust heating up on the lower grate might give off some toxic fumes and penetrate the food.