I have lived in this area for over 2 years and have really searched for restaurants. In my opinion, there's just not much here. On the up side, most are rural, rather than urban, $ values. I must admit that I really just hit lunchtimes.
Here's my list now:
1. Bronx Bagels, Sutherlin, EZ On/Off I-5 next to Dutch Brothers, breakfast and lunch. TERRIFIC NY bagels - I grew up on Long Island. They have sandwiches and soups. But their bagels are outstanding. IMO, they beat Nate 'n Al's and Canters in LA.
2. Alexander's, downtown Roseburg, new location. Good Greek and Greek inspired. A jewel in this desert.
3. Pedotti's, Sutherlin, 1/2 block from Bronx Bagels, EZ On/Off I-5. Good, solid Italian-American, good pizza.
4. Los Dos Amigos, DOWNTOWN Roseburg. Good, solid Mexican. I've not particularly enjoyed their other locations.
5. Historic Oakland Tavern, Oakland, not too far off I-5 by taking uni-directional On & Off ramps. Good, pretty sloppy sandwiches in historic downtown Oakland.
6. Charlie's BBQ, Roseburg, EZ On/Off I-5. Pretty good ribs and chicken, not so much their sides, so I take-out and use my own sauce, if any.
7. Bangkok West (Thai), Roseburg. Pretty good, weekday buffet tends to get cold, I usually prefer to order off the menu.
8. Mark V, downtown Roseburg. Pretty good, a bit more expensive for here, does some tapas, tries to use local.
9. Brix 527, downtown Roseburg. Fairly good, breakfasts, soup, sandwiches, a bit less pedestrian than most places.
Anyone think I'm missing something worth trying?