So it's been about 15 years since I've been to Rome. Can't wait to be there in a few weeks. I'd appreciate some help with some very basic and then specific questions:
1) LIGHT LUNCH: Unfortunately, my time is limited in Rome so I don't want a very long drawn out affair. What are the best options for a quick lunch. In Paris, of course one can get a jambon and frommage sandwich at a cafe. I'm guessing a pizzeria might be relatively quick for lunch?
2) HEAVIER LUNCH: It it completely inappropriate to simply order a salad and a pasta at lunch?
3) DINNER? Similarly...is it inappropriate to order antipasti and pasta and NOT a secondi?
4) Specific Spots: The Campo dei Fiori/Piazza Navona/Pantheon area is my favorite area in Rome. Any comments on Trattoria Fiammetta vs. Rosciolo vs. Vecchio Roma? Are reservations required at either of these spots - really looking for something relatively traditional..good value
5) Any comments on Trattoria Da Enzo in Trastavere? I'm debating about this spot vs. Paris in Trastavere (I gather Paris is quite a bit more upscale).
6) Are 1/2 bottles of wine common on wine menus?