Hi Everyone. I am taking my husband to Rome for 4 days this upcoming weekend for his birthday. After looking through all the helpful comments (here and elsewhere), I have come up with a tentative list of places to eat and savor our time in the Eternal City.
I am looking for a nice mix of traditional, enoteche, and tasty pizza places. Please could you let me know what you think of these places, whether you have been recently, whether they are worth going, any other places. Oh, and whatever you find delizioso at any of the places on my list!
- Snack and food browsing: Volpetti or Cipriani (does anyone have opening hours of either?)
- Dinner: Enoteca Cavour 313, followed by San Crispino Ice Cream
- Lunch: La Taverna dei Fiori Imperialli
- Dinner: Armando al Pantheon
- Lunch…….not sure…. Perhaps Pizzeria Ai Marmi (do they do lunch?) or Antico Forno Campo de’ Fiori or Da Francesco?
- Dinner: Roscioli Restaurant for my husband’s birthday. I am hoping this is a ‘nice’ place – good food, wine and service with a pleasant atmosphere without being over the top. Would this do the trick? Also, I have heard that the area near Campo de’ Fiori is overrun by drunken teenagers at night, so perhaps this is not the ideal spot for a romantic dinner?
- Lunch: Sora Margherita in the Ghetto
I will be staying on Via Capo d’Africa near the Colosseum. Can anyone recommend a place for espresso/coffee that opens EARLY in the morning. I have an event to attend at 7am on both Saturday and Sunday, so anyplace nearby that opens from 6:30 or onwards would be a lifesaver!
Thanks so much for all your help.
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 5 days ago | 28
Updated 12 days ago | 36
Updated 1 day ago | 31
Updated 1 day ago | 22