I'm 40 years old and it seems to me that fast food has dropped in quality so dramatically over the years. Remember when you'd see the commercial for Burger King or McDonald's and the burgers looked so pretty? Then you'd go and open that cardboard box and it would look just like the commercial. Nowadays, you open the wrapper and it's a dehydrated burger with barely any toppings. If there are toppings they are hidden under the bun. The burgers barely make the egdes and those too have lost their luster. I never remember the grey burger as a child....now they all are.
Here are, IMO, the five chains that have fallen the furthest (in order).
1. McDonald's - the burgers are awful, the fries are like salt licks and I won't even mention nuggets.
2. Wendy's - everyone knows that when Dave Thomas died, the chain went downhill.
3. Subway - now it was never good, but compared to what it was before Jared-mania it was great
4. Taco Bell - it used to be somewhat edible...now it's cat food in a tortilla.
5. Pizza Hut - don't believe the add campaign...it's worse than it ever was.
I think the only chain from my childhood that has come even close to maintaining it's level of decency is Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Updated 1 year ago | 56
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 9