I've been eagerly awaiting the opening of Glendon Bar & Kitchen in Westwood. Unfortunately their website still read "Coming Soon", their Facebook page shared practically no information about its opening and no one was picking up the phone. We finally called again over the weekend and yes!! open for business.
It's located right beside Westwood Brewco, no signage yet. I liked the space the moment I stepped in. High lofty ceilings, a sleek bar and plenty of table and couch seating. It's chic, it's modern, it's sophisticated. They have wooden tables with fresh cut roses in vases, leather banquettes seating, suede chairs and also a top loft perhaps for VIP seating.
The menu is pretty simple with a bunch of bar bites ranging from $6-12. Cocktails are $11.
- Cocktails: Grapefruit Ricky (Finlandia Grapefruit, Lime Sugar) was the tastiest, Blackberry Agave (Cazadores Blanco, Splash of Chambord, Blackberry preserves, Lemon) was strong, pinot grigio was cheap at $6, and a Black and Tan that was lukewarm so we asked for another beer.
- Pretzel was fresh from the oven. It was warm and lightly salted inside, crispy on the outside and served with honey dijon.
- Belgian Garlic fries with garlic aioli.
The fries were crispy yet soft and fluffy inside.
- More cocktails including The Distinction (Cazadores Blanco, Croft Distinction Port, Lime, Ginger Beer, Sugar) and Dimmi Pepper (Seven Tiki spiced rum, Dimmi Italian Liqueur, Egg white, Bell pepper and Sugar)
- Glendon sliders with caramelized onions and horseradish aioli. The meat itself was juicy but the sliders were nothing special.
- Glendon South Pizza
This was a cross between a salad and a 7 layer dip of some sort. I'm not a big fan of the salad pizza.
- Baked Mac and Cheese, bechamel based three cheese, with panko bread crumb crust
Waitress said it was Parmesan, gruyere, mozzarella but as it turned out, there was gorgonzola blue cheese. The macaroni itself was cooked well and the crunchy panko crust added a nice crunch. The cheese sauce wasn't too creamy and had a hint of green chili pepper flavor in it that gave it some heat.
Food was decent although the menu was rather eclectic. The dishes seemed to span over many cuisine. They will be offering a larger dinner menu in the coming weeks. They still have some service kinks to work out but definitely have potential. I'd be willing to come back to check out their new expanded menu.
Longer review and photos here: http://stuffycheaks.blogspot.com/2010...
Updated 10 months ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 7
Updated 9 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 1 day ago | 120