I'll be in NYC from the 24th-26th and the 30th. Finding reservations during the holidays has been a bit tricky, but here's what I've planned on so far. Could you please review it and remark on whether it's doable or overkill?
*** Sat. Dec. 24
* Union Square Holiday Market ~12:30pm
* Kyotofu (maybe) to kill time until hotel check-in
* Momofuku Noodle Bar for dinner
*** Sun. Dec. 25
* Lunch at Jean Georges
* Dinner at Tocqueville
*** Mon. Dec. 26
* Lunch at Le Bernardin (no res. :( walk-in for lounge seating)
What is the lounge at Le Bernardin like?
*** Fri. Dec. 30
* Lunch at EMP (waking up at 3:50am today to try for reservations. *crosses fingers*)
* Lunch backup is Shopsin's (meh. maybe.) or Kyotofu if I don't get to go during the previous days
* Dinner at Per Se (no res. :'( walk-in for lounge seating)
Could someone please let me know what the lounge at Per Se is like? I read a review here where the person went right at opening and had a window table and it seemed grand. But a mention in the NYT had the reviewer disappointed that he sat on a sofa while eating..?
Also, how do you stay well-dressed for a nice meal when it's freezing cold? :p
I was considering going to the Palm Court for breakfast/brunch because I saw it suggested to someone looking for a nice breakfast place and they ended up enjoying it. Yelp reviews aren't entirely great either but they're mostly for the afternoon tea. Has anyone been there lately?
That's all - thanks in advance! :)
P.S. back-up plans for all meals is to sit in my hotel room in my pajamas with a spoon and a tub of Salvatore Bklyn ricotta. mmmm.