We are happy to announce that we have launched our new restaurants section. This builds on the previous “Places” section to create a more useful and comprehensive database, and to make it much easier for new and old users alike to discover the wealth of chowhound discussions about specific restaurants.
Highlights of the new section:
- 750,000 new restaurants & bars added to the database- incorporating all of the valuable information contributed by users to the old ‘Places’ database
- Search by cuisine, neighborhood, features (kid-friendly, etc).
- Enhanced restaurant information: menu, neighborhood, features like kid-friendly, romantic, Open Table reservations links
- Ability to rate restaurants and post ‘quick reviews’ on restaurants pages
- Ability to rate and mark Chowhound threads as a review
- Improved photo upload tool
Thanks to all of the users who participated in our early focus groups and beta test of the product. We are very excited about these new features, but we are aware that, as with any launch, we will need to make refinements, fixes, and add new features over the coming months. To to that end, we really welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to this thread.
The CHOW Team