The wife and I will be vacationing in London and taking the chunnel train from London this Friday to spend one day in Paris. We will arrive in Paris in the morning and will be returning on the last train that leaves Paris at 9:13 PM that evening.
Yes, I know that trying to do Paris in a single day isn't the greatest idea, but it's all we have. At least on this trip.
As food enthusiasts, the one thing that we feel we MUST do in Paris is enjoy some French Cuisine.
So here are my questions:
1. What is the perfect place to dine? (if you only had one day)
2. Since our train leaves at 9:13 PM and they want us at the staion 30 minutes in advance, would it make sense to find a restaurant near Gare du Nord?
3. How long should we set aside for dinner?
4. If, say, we want to have an early dinner at 5:00 PM so we aren't rushed, will we have any problems getting served dinner this early?
5. Will we need a reservation, and if so, what is the best way to make one?
6. Any other suggestions for first-timers in Paris?