As of today's release, there are some great new features on the site:
1) We have added "Chowhound discussion" functionality to all Recipe and Story (Blog) pages on the site. This is a big step in a larger plan to unify the community and user experience across the site. As a result of this unified system of commenting, if you participate in a discussion on a recipe or story, that discussion will appear on your profile. You can follow and unfollow the discussion on any recipe or story, just as you can on the rest of Chowhound. If you're subscribed to notifications, you'll be notified about new posts, just like you would with any other discussion.
2) We created two new boards to hold Recipes and Stories (the board for stories is called Features). For the time being, these are both reply-only. You can also still view the most recent recipes and stories on their respective sections on the site, as before.
3) The discussions from Recipes and Stories will also show up on the Chowhound Homepage
4) All recipes will be included in the Recipe board—this includes both user recipes and CHOW recipes. If you created a recipe in the past, it will now be included in your profile. (Note: the user recipe tool is not currently available.)
5) When participating in a Recipe discussion, you'll have the ability to leave a star-rating on the top level (if you are reviewing a recipe) or simply post a comment or question without the rating. Lower-level replies do not have star ratings. This enhances the previous recipe-rating functionality on the site.
Those are the major changes in this release. If you notice any bugs, let us know and we'll do our best to address them. Be sure to include what browser and device you're using.
We'll also do our best to answer any questions you might have.