I pose a challenge to you. My husband and I are looking for a place to take his 85-year old grandmother to dinner on Friday night, before she departs home to South Carolina. Several problems:
1. She's paying, but she's retired and on a fixed income, so we don't want to suggest anywhere too expensive.
2. Husband and I are driving up to LA after work on Friday from OC, so we need a place that will take reservations.
3. Must be close to LAX, as she's staying in a hotel there, is older, and can't be out too late.
4. Food can't be anything too different-American, Italian, or seafood is probably safe. But something like sushi, or even Mexican, is out.
5. Food must be decent to great. Husband's grandmother is not a chowhound, but I really don't want to spend Friday night at a bad restaurant.
6. Can't be too loud or too trendy-we're talking about an 85-year old woman from the deep south who's hard of hearing.
Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated!
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 12 hours ago | 13
Updated 1 hour ago | 19
Updated 6 hours ago | 108