Hi, 3-4 of us will be traveling to New Orleans during the Memorial Day weekend. We're looking for something uniquely NOLA, something that is either not available in or much better than, NYC! We'd like to try as many different things/new flavors as possible. Also, one of us is a vegetarian (he does not eat eggs as well). The casual, the better but 1-2 classy places are fine. We've been to Commander's Palace, Galatoires, Cafe Du Monde and Felix in the past.
We're looking for 4 brunches/lunches and 5 dinners. Based on what I've read so far, I've narrowed down some places,
* Brunch/Lunch - Cochon Butcher, Mr. B's, Cafe Atchafalya, Elizabeths
* Dinner - Herbsaint, Arnauds, Coquette, Antoine's, R'evolution and GW Fin
* Po Boys - Parkway, Johny's and Killer Po-Boys@Back of Erin Rose Bar
* Crawfish - Big Fisherman and Zimmer's seafood
* Muffaletta - Cochon Butcher
* Beignets - Morning call and Cafe beignet
* Oysters - Casamento's
Some other places that I considered but their menus did not scream NOLA to me (please let me know if I'm wrong) are, Dante's, Dominica/August, Bayona and Boucherie. I tried fitting in Brigsten's but the dinner places that I listed seemed to have a relatively more interesting menu.
We'll be staying close to Canal and Bourbon. I have no idea where all the places that I listed are but obviously, closer the better. We will not have access to a car so it's going to be cabs everywhere.
1. For the dinners, there is a chance that I may have to skip a few so what should my order of preference be? Should I replace one or more of the lunch places with any of the dinner places?
2. I need to squeeze in at least one Po-Boy place and Casamento's in. This may mean sacrificing one of the Brunch/Lunch places. I'm putting Cafe Atchafalya as the least preferred (based on the menu) but have a feeling that the general opinion would be to put Elizabeth's at the last place. Which one should go first?
3. Which out of the above are a no-no for my vegetarian friend?
4. Which ones out of the above would not let us in, in shorts and T-shirts?
I would love to get some suggestions and thoughts on the above and if I am missing a must have or have a dud in there.
Thank you very much!