Having read Chowhounds for years, this is my first actual posting. Thank you for sharing the pleasures of the palette!
I would like to poll everyone for recommendations for Korean restaurants in the South Bay. I am hosting a dinner for out-of-town colleagues who love American barbecues, and thought that showing off what Korean barbecues are about would be fun. They are from the Midwest and unfamiliar with Asian food. There will be around 10 of us, and we don't need a private room. What I am looking for are specifically the following:
- good bulgogi, kalbi, and the spicy pork barbecue. The stir-fried translucent noodles should also be good.
- the quality and quantity of panchans are NOT important - it will be too exotic for them.
- the decor does not have to be fancy, but should not be too dingy.
- NOT buffet style, please
- there needs to be English on the menu
- my office is in Mountain View, and the restaurant can be anywhere between Palo Alto and Sunnyvale
Some place similar to Seoul Garden in Japantown or Koryo or San Mahnru(sp?) in Oakland would do.
Separately, I can always use more Korean restaurant recommendations in the East Bay for myself - can't go to Koryo all the time :-). Love tofu hotpots and panchans.
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 26
Updated 5 months ago | 14