If u want Beijing style noodles come here!! I went here based on a web review. This location has been about 4 Chinese restaurants before but that's because it doesn't get enough foot traffic and in a boring strip mall.
The place has been painted and made more modern, brighter, and seems clean.
Coming from work I just wanted to do take-out for my first time. They only have 33 items on their take-out menu. The noodle dishes are pictured so you can pick what you want easily.
I had #8 House Special Sour & Spicy w/ Pork Noodle Soup $6.50. For take-out they put the soup in a container, and the noodles on a flat Styrofoam container. The noodles are AWESOME. The Chef is from Beijing and he knows what he's doing. I didn't see him make it but it took me about 15 min. to get my food. The broth was reddish in color w/ tiny cuts of carrots, minced pork, onions. It wasn't very hot or sour to me.
Also got #10-Hot & Spicy Beef Stew Noodle Soup $6.50-The Noodles looked the same as #8 so hubby will eat that, but the Beef Stew is Really Good! Very tender and good flavor. It comes w/ red peppers but don't eat them! Soup just ok.
I recommend it for their noodles, but get them NO SOUP..Dry Style w/ stuff on top!
My total with tax was $15.12, not that cheap but it's worth it. Hope they can make it. Only been open since Feb 2007.
Separate men & women bathrooms. They Take Credit Cards!
Here's the entire menu:
1. House special sour & spicy pork sauce noodles $6.50/$6.95
2. San Hao Soy Bean Paste Sauce Noodles $6.25/$6.75 -waitress recommended, I'll get it next time.
3. Dry Soy Bean Paste Sauce Noodles $6.25/$6.75
4. Tomato & Eggs Sauce Noodles $6.25/$6.75
5. House Special noodle soup $6.25/$6.75
6. Eggs chow mein $6.75/$7.25
7. Shredded pork chow mein $6.75/$7.25
8. House special sour & spicy w/ pork noodle soup $6.5/$6.95
9. Sour mustard & pork noodle soup $6.25/$6.75
10. Hot & Spicy beef stew noodle soup $6.5/$6.95
11. Hot & spicy fish noodle soup $6.5/$6.95
12. Braised beef noodle soup $6.5/$6.95
13. Braised spareribs noodles soup $6.5/$6.95
14. Seafood noodle soup $7.95/$8.50
15. Spareribs soup in hot pot noodles $7.25/$7.75
16. Chicken & black mushroom soup in hot pot noodles $7.25/$7.75
17. Long time boiled thick noodle soup & pork $8.25/$8.75
18. Long time boiled thick noodle soup & beef $8.25/$8.75
19. Long time boiled thick noodle soup & seafood $8.5/$8.95
Small Plates Cold Dishes:
20. Five spiced peanut $2.5
21. Five spiced horsebean $2.5 - what is this?
22. Fried peanut $2.5
23. Sliced pork ear w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
24. beef tendon w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
25. sliced beef w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
26. Tripe w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
27. Beef book tripe w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
28. rice jello w/ hot oil sauce $2.5
29. Sliced pork w/ garlic soy vinaigrette (sic) $2.5
30. tofu w/ preserved egg $2.5
31. Tofu w/ shallot $1.99
32. Shredded bean curd w/ celery, carrot $2.5
33. House made pickles $1.99
3625 Thornton Ave (in the Sunset Village strip mall, near Paseo Padre Pkwy)
Fremont CA 94536
Open Daily: Sun-Thu 11am-9pm; Fri-Sat 11am-9:30pm