went to Prune for dinner- it's so yummy. 4 of us split a bunch of apps, 2 entrees, and 3 sides. Additional positives: The bar makes a really good mojito that is not too sweet, and the servers are all really pleasant. Negatives: It was freezing, and as we were seated in the draft of the door/curtain, we kept our coats and scarves on through the entire meal.
- duck liver in broth with brussel sprout leaves: this was very good, but the liver is much less fatty and succulent than foie gras, and it was hard not to dismiss this dish as simply being an inferior foie gras. But the broth was fantastic and I could not stop spooning up.
- radishes with butter and salt
- goat cheese
- lamb sausages w.harissa and cornichons
- whole roasted fish with herbs and sea salt- fresh and plain, how it should be.
- beef short ribs, prepared with thai flavorings (basil, lemongrass, mint). Very rich, perfect for a cold night.
- succatash (my mouth is watering just thinking about it.) it was creamy and delicious
- mushrooms in broth. It was a mixture of mushrooms including hen in the woods which are nice and crisp, even when cooked.
- cooked chestnuts with cream. It was very good, but as I do not love chestnuts, I'm not a good person to comment.
- ginger ice cream- some of the best ginger ice cream I've had. Rather spicy.
- chocolate something or other. It was OK, but not great so I didn't take more than a bite or two.
Updated 14 hours ago | 54
Updated 2 days ago | 111
Updated 6 hours ago | 32
Updated 2 hours ago | 22
Updated 4 days ago | 42