I made a potato gratin once and was not happy with it - a soupy mess. I would like to make another one for easter this year. I don't have a gratin dish - I will have to use a 9x13 pyrex baking dish.
I have come across recipes that call for -
- russet and yukon gold potatoes.
- covering the dish while it bakes
- not covering the dish.
- all cream, a mix of cream and milk, flour added to milk
- par cook potatoes first in cream
- simmer cream before adding to potatoes
I will have to make it the day before and reheat it at my parents house - will this be OK? about how long and at what temp should I reheat. Any hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Updated 2 years ago | 18
Updated 2 years ago | 20
Updated 14 days ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 3