Hi hounds! I'm putting the finishing touches on our girls running weekend in Portland this weekend. We've all been to Portland before, but we're coming back out as a group to get some great runs in! We plan on a long distance trail run in Forest Park on Saturday, and a long distance road run around the rivers and bridges in the middle of the city on Sunday. That being said, where can 4 ravenous, sweaty girls get some grub on after our runs both days? Our preferences:
- We're morning runners, so should be getting done around brunch or lunch time.
- Someplace we can show up gross to, immediately after our runs.
- Somewhere in the vicinity of our runs, so near Forest Park and the city center on the river (does NOT have to be waterfront).
- Somewhere with healthy options so we don't ruin the benefits of our runs.
- Somewhere that doesn't require reservations or have long waits. No one wants 4 girls to get hangry!
We're from San Francisco, but don't mind copying good food we can get here. We normally do something like Whole Foods, but why not kick it up a notch on vacation! Our only other planned meal is Laurelhurst Market on Saturday night, just so you know what we have planned.