Ok I need some experts. As per this thread: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/889091 the pan arrived this morning. It seems considerably "too light" and overall does not inspire a feeling of quality. It is pretty however and I have not cooked with it yet. I have attached a bunch of pictures to demonstrate some of the criteria I have noticed and would love help identifying the pan. Facts:
1. One could argue that the pan is 'handmade' as it does not appear overly uniform in places.
2. A magnet stuck to the inside of the pan -sometimes-.
3. There is a pattern of concentric rings clearly visible on the lid and less visible on the (rather scratched) interior
4. The rivets are either sloppy or again done by hand.
5. The handle is definitely not uniform and appears to have been touched by human hands rather than a machine.
6. There is a suspicious vertical SEAM on the inside of the pan on the wall. What the hell?
7. When looking at the edge or lip of the pan the layer of copper appears VERY thin in fact the entire pan appears thin.
I have no experience with copper cookware. I was hoping an expert could help me make a judgment about what was admittedly a steal. If it is a decorative or useless piece I won't feel so bad.