I just finally had time last night to visit the new location and have bones to pick with the previous rant about Porta.
1. Went with 3 friends on a Wednesday night. 3 staff were in restaurant area; one bartender, one server and possibly Dmitri. Plenty of staff for the 4-5 tables that were full, plus some customers at the bar.
2. We were served quickly and efficiently, with good timing & humor.
3. They do not offer "bread." They are g-r-e-e-k and offer a generous amount of pita, toasted, with the apps or meal, and for only $1.50 extra you get a generous side portion. Bread in the Seattle sense would not fit the food.
4. 2nd drinks were offered at the proper time.
5. If we're talking about the same blonde server (I thought part of your rant was about the place being void of servers other than Dmitri) - she was smart, knew the menu and answered our questions impressively. Of course she didn't understand the bread question - they don't serve it there!
6. I'm confused that you are or aren't sitting at a table - the bar is completely separate from the dining area. How did this person overhear your conversation from the bar and comment on the "lack of service" you were receiving?
We throroughly enjoyed the dip platter and the chicken dinner - and two cups of soup (all were fabulous; I want more soup!). It was plenty for 3 women. They additionally have a good drink and wine menu. I personally WILL be back.
Updated 12 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 7