I'm at the Hyatt Regency (151 E. Wacker) and fly back to Phoenix on Sunday at around 5 p.m. As it happens, a friend is having a BBQ that night, and because of the time change, I'll arrive around 5 p.m.
I thought it would be pretty cool to drop in with a pizza or three from Chicago. I checked with the airline and though you can't take any liquid on a plane, you can sure as heck cart boxes of pizza. I'll probably take the train from downtown to Ohare.
That said, where should I grab some pie?
- it needs to be good
- it needs to scream 'only from Chicago' - as in unique
- it needs a shelf life of a few hours (no tuna tartar)
- it needs to be in the vicinity of my transit route
- it needs to be reasonably priced. The lower the cost, the more I can take.
- it needs to fit in boxes that would take up the same space as an average carry-on piece of luggage in an overhead bin. 4-foot wide pies, though party friendly, wouldn't work. 4 or 5 2-ft wide boxes seem more manageable.
Any thoughts? This is last minute so any ideas would be appreciated.
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 101
Updated 4 months ago | 3