I'm heading into Chicago for a conference in March and would appreciate a few recommendations and feedback on what I'm thinking so far.
I haven't been to Chicago for a few years and I'm only there for 3 nights. I want to book 3 great, yet different spots and get the best experience possible. I'm going with my wife, so food is the priority, but area and ambiance does factor in.
So far, I'm thinking of the following options:
- Il Mulino (I know a few people that rave about the one in Miami)
- Gibson's (I did go there 5 years ago and really enjoyed it). I've been to Mortons in Chicago and Toronto so not interested in going there. Recently I've been to 9ine in Vegas and Prime BLT in New York and loved them both. Is there something newer/better in Chicago?
- Sushi - heard Japonaise was good - is there a better choice? My wife loves sushi, so would like to hear from locals on what is good
- Carnival - seems different and we don't have ANY decent Latin food in Toronto
- Cape Cod Room - is this a tourist trap/old school haunt?
Any feedback, other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!