A lot of restaurants seem to be hit or miss. Great one visit, middling or worse the next. What are some of the places that never seem to let you down? The ones I for me are:
1. Shish Kabob House. It's almost always empty when we go, yet the food has been excellent on every visit. The hummus alone usually brings us, but the gyros and koubedah are also first rate.
2. The Farmhouse. There's always a line and the wait is usually longer than it takes to order and eat. Outstanding scrambles, great bacon, and those cinnamon rolls... Caloric heaven.
3. JP Pancake. Again, another busy breakfast place that has a line, although here it takes longer to order and eat. But the food is worth it. The cinnamon French toast is my favorite, after the Frosted Flake-crusted French toast at the Phoenician. The wait staff is fun, too. Rachel gets pretty feisty, especially if you don't ask for no butter before she sets your plate down. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.
4. Welcome Diner. Simple menu, great food. My favorite hot dogs. Not for the claustrophobic. Semi-uncomfortable stools.
5. Tokyo Lobby. My favorite sushi place. The food has always been amazing, both in taste and presentation. I've been for dinner and lunch, and both were done to the same standard. Even the basic rolls seem to have a little something extra. Like the cinnamon in the shrimp tempura. I love the Monkey Brains. Don't ask, just order. :)