I'm moving to Philly from Boston in June and wanted some advice on restaurants and bakeries- specifically, how to find places similar (or better) than my Boston favorites. I have a few specific places that I'm very sad to leave, so I'd appreciate any suggestions on places that compare with:
* Flour Bakery (scones, muffins, sticky buns, cakes are out of this world!)
* Party Favors (cupcakes and cakes with thick buttercream frosting...)
* Rosie's Bakery (thick fudgy, not cakey, brownies)
* Mistral/Sorrelina (upscale but not rediculously priced italian/mediterranean)
* Zaftig's (Jewish diner-style eatery)
* Christina's spices in Inman square (cheap and extensive selection of bulk and bottled spices)
And also any cute coffee shops that are NOT too loud and have nice areas for sitting and reading (a la Uptown Espresso in Boston)
And of course, any of your general favorite restaurants - on my visits to Philly I've tried Zahav, Amada, Parc, and Fork as well as a small Afghani place in Penn's Landing and had good experiences at all...
Thanks so much!