I am planning a 60th birthday celebration for my father who lives and dies by a fantastic steak. We have been to some of the steakhouses in NY, Sparks, Keens, Palm, S&W. We have always wanted to take him to Peter Lugers but never got around to it. We are doing the whole limo thing and were going to make a night of it. So my questions are these:
- I know that PL is not a "fancy" spot, but is it festive? We are looking for a place we can enjoy each others company, don't need it to be stuffy, just fun and boisterous and I want it to feel special.
- There are 8 of us, is there a location in the restaurant that I should request when making the reservation?
- Has the quality really gone down, will we be dissappointed?
- We were thinking of stopping either before or after for a drink, possibly the Brandy Library in Manhattan. Anyplace in Brooklyn I should consider?
- Any other suggestions for making the night one that he will remember?