I spent the first 18 years of my life in Pasadena, but have spent the last 18 living elsewhere in the country (currently Bay Area). Whenever I visit my parents back at home in Altadena, which I am doing this weekend, we go to the same ol' restaurants, time after time. Can you please help me expand their repertoire? They don't like to spend a lot of money on dinners out and don't want to have to drive more than 20 minutes from their house in Altadena.
Here is where we USUALLY go when I'm in town. Any suggestions for DIFFERENT, possibly BETTER places try in these same categories, to get them out of their rut?
* Thai: PresidentTwo in on Colorado Pasadena
* Homestyle Japanese: Masa on Colorado in Pasadena (my parents tried the trendy, made-over Masa, and didn't like it; they're Japanese American and want something more old school)
* Sushi Japanese: Ai on Fair Oaks in South Pas (again, they're old school and don't want to go somewhere loud with too-crazy sushi)
* Vietnamese: Golden Deli
* Chinese: Fu Shing on Colorado in Pasadena
* Mexican: Acapulco, the original in Pasadena (ugh)
* Middle Eastern: Lebanese Kitchen on Washington in Pasadena
* Pizza: Domenicos on Washington in Pasadena (would want a good takeout place nearby)
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 day ago | 20
Updated 4 days ago | 152
Updated 15 days ago | 34
Updated 6 days ago | 28