Mr. Manybears has agreed to take me out for dinner for my birthday Tuesday. We are stuck in a little rut of our regulars lately, and I'm looking for some recommendations for something new to try!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- somewhere in the GTA
- not too pricey, hoping for a price (minus wine) of around $100 for two
- something with at least moderately nice atmosphere. We're not too picky, Musa style would be ok, but more upscale than Swatow
- I've had a lot of Italian lately so I'd prefer something different this time
- I'm not suuuper adventurous yet, when it comes to things like hot spices or strange animal parts (though not a complete bore about it)
- Some of my favourite places include: Udupi Palace in Little India, El Sol, la Palette in Kensington, Wasabi in Markham, Lai Wah Heen (for a splurge)
I was thinking about O-Mei based on previous threads, but don't know if I can get 2-4 other people to come out on a Tuesday to make the lobster 4-ways worth it (how much does that cost, anyway? I'm dying to try it but may have to save up for awhile!), unless y'all want to crash the party.
I'd also thought about Batifole...
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 17
Updated 5 months ago | 2
Updated 11 months ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 18