Yes, it's yet another "where should I eat in Paris" thread. Apologies in advance...!
My wife and I will be in Paris for Saturday, Sunday and Monday night at the end of May. I've been searching around the forum trying to put together a restaurant plan, but obviously the days we're there makes things a little difficult. Added to this is the fact that my wife will be 25 weeks pregnant or thereabouts, and our menu options will be somewhat more limited.
Now, I know that pregnancy food rules in France don't necessarily mirror our own (Irish) views, so I'm a bit worried that many of the "so hot right now" places seem to offer a) limited or no choice menus (Spring, for example) and/or b) menus chock full of raw fish and paté. I have a feeling that this rules out some of the more popular restaurants at the moment. Would this be a fair assessment?
Anyway, at the moment I'm thinking
- Wherever we find for Saturday lunch (we'll be just off the plane, so I'm not inclined to book a specific time)
- Le Violon D'Ingres for Saturday dinner.
- Le Cinq for Sunday lunch.
- Some sort of wine bar or restaurant with light nibbles for Sunday evening (any recommendations?)
Monday is still open to ideas, and at the moment I'm thinking one of
- Regalade St Honoré
- Frenchie (in the highly unlikely event I can get a booking), or
- Ze Kitchen Galerie
Any thoughts? Is there anything I should change? Should I move Le Violon D'Ingres to Monday night and go somewhere else on Saturday that isn't open on Monday? I'd be grateful for your opinions.
PS I promise I'll report back afterwards!