I've spent the last couple of months on CH putting together a list of restaurants, made a few reservations, and compiled of list of goodies to bring home with me to Seattle. I would love your input and expertise on what I have so far.
* as a note, in a perfect world I would have reservations for every dinner or lunch in Paris, but it wouldn't fly with my travel companion. She's not a planner and would have a problem revolving her day around a specific time to eat.
With that being said, here's the list:
Things to buy in Paris:
1. Salted caramels from Jacques Genin
2. Speculaas cream
3. Mustard "on tap" from the Maille Boutique at 6 Place de la Madeleine
4. Hédiard's 3 peppers mustard and Herbes de Provence - around the corner from Maille.
5. Savora, a spiced mustard-based spread
6. A chunk of aged comté
7. Christine Ferber jam - the best selection is at La Grand Épicerie, however Da Rosa sells them as well, although they’re a few more euros per jar.
8. Champagne vinegar from Huilerie LeBlanc and from G Detou I get dried mushrooms like cepes and morels as well as fabulous almond paste.
9. Big bag of course grey sea salt and fleur de sel de Guérande
10. Gerard Mulot pastries
11. Dehillerin, whether it's a commercial grade saute or sauce pan, or something easier to carry, such as a specialty knife, whisk, chinois.
12. Bon Maman Madeleines
13. Pierre Hermé Pates de Fruits
Restaurant Reservations: I have 7 nights before leaving for Avignon - we won't eat out for all of them.
Thursday - David Toutain
Friday- Franck Enee
Saturday -Atelier de Joel Robuchon Saint-Germain
Sunday - Le Coq Rico
We're staying in the 6th. Here's my list of Cafe's:
Breizh Café - buckwheat crepes In Marias - stick with the classic complète with ham, cheese, and a sunny-side egg
Gerard Mulot - Wonderful pastries.
Breakfast in the 6th:
Eggs&Co, Un Dimanche à Paris, Ralph's (whose courtyard is paradise in summer), Colorova, Cafe Cassette, Le Bel Ami, etc. Bread & Roses
Drinks in the 6th: need a little help here
La Closerie des Lilas - the Hemingway bar
Restaurants I want to try but have not reserved. Major edit please!!
Chez Jenny for good choucroute
**Chez L'Ami Jean - haven't been able to get a hold of them to reserve.
Le Pont de Yunnan - Chinese
Cafe Les Deux Magots
Youpi et Voila
Le Verre Vole
Ze Kitchen Galerie - cuz John Talbot said so!
Updated 1 year ago | 23
Updated 1 year ago | 34
Updated 9 months ago | 3
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 21 days ago | 22