Headed to Paris first week of July for 4 days and need help picking a restaurant for our last night. Also, input on the current dining plan is welcome. Traveling with husband and 20 year old twins, all of us foodies. And it's the kids first time in Paris. Here's the plan so far:
- Lunch at Comptoir du Relais or at L'Avant next door
- Dinner at Fish (La Boissonnerie)- will only do drinks and light dinner/snack if we have full lunch at Comptoir
- Lunch at Le Cinq for husband & I (kids off on tour of city)
- Dinner at La Regalade St. Honore - (would normally not do Le Cinq and La Regalade on same day but kids want a substantial dinner that night --the things we do for our offspring!)
- Morning food tour of Montmarte w Meg Zimbeck--tastes and snacks during the tour
- Dinner - Chez L'Ami Jean
- Day at Versailles
- For our last night I would like a restaurant with a more modern style of French cuisine since the other choices (except Le Cinq) are more traditional brasserie/ hearty type fare. I would like to keep it to 60 -120 E per person. I want to walk out of the meal saying wow, this is a place I want to come back to.
- A friend suggested Gaya (she had 2 excellent meals there in April) but I cannot find any feedback re Gaya on Chowhound.
- We are staying in the 6th but are willing to travel and don't mind walking a couple of miles for a post dinner stroll
- We eat everything; however I do have a shellfish allergy --but I find that I can generally work around it. For this trip we are not that interested in Asian fusion cuisine (from Northern California, eat alot of good Asian food and some fusion here)
- The 20 year olds are comfortable in both fine dining and trendy/happening environments.
- Both Le Cinq and Chez L'Ami Jean are repeats from a trip last year (thank you Chowhounders for both recommendations.)
I have combed the boards for the last week and have failed to hone in on an obvious choice for our last night---suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Updated 4 months ago | 33
Updated 5 days ago | 10
Updated 27 days ago | 10
Updated 11 days ago | 7
Updated 2 months ago | 7