Hey, Chowhounders, I would like to ask for your help/input. The husband and I are going to Paris in late September for our 20th anniversary, and we are looking for someplace to have a memorable dinner for the occasion. The salient points are these:
- neither of us eats red meat (but poultry and fish are fine)
- I am allergic to shellfish (but have no problem with non-shelled fish)
- we can definitely afford a nice dinner (we wouldn't be going to Paris for 2 1/2 weeks if we couldn't!), but don't want to get into the realm of 200 euros a person.
- we are big city east coasters, and have fairly refined palates
- we are into the organic/farm-to-table thing
- we aren't bringing formal clothes with us (just a few skirts for me, and probably some Dockers and a pair of black trousers for my husband)
- we dislike exemely snooty places, and would always opt for hip, or some other kind of upscale modern vibe, over a traditional/conservative kind of place
- if it's touristy, we will walk right on by
As a geographic note, we're staying in Saint Germain-des-Pres and will not have a car. We have no objection to taking the metro far and wide, though! So: is there any place in Paris that fits these parameters, or even comes close, that anyone can recommend? A million thanks in advance for any advice — I always get *great* guidance here at Chowhound!
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 7 months ago | 6
Updated 2 months ago | 5
Updated 2 days ago | 111
Updated 2 days ago | 23