someone in another thread mentioned that while there are lots of posts for the best tacos in LA, there's not any kebab discussion on the Paris board, so I thought maybe it's time to start a thread about cheap food in paris. Let's try to keep this under 10 euros a head:
I'll start with a few:
1. a little manouche stand on rue Rambuteau a few steps away from the Pompidou. I've tried a feew manouche (Lebanese flat bread with topping, like a sphiha but thinner and tastier!) places in Paris, this was my favorite.
2. Chez Marianne (2, Rue des Hospitalières Saint-Gervais 75004 , 4th Arrondissement,) & L'as de Falafel (rue de Rosier) tie as my favorite falafel places. Chez Marianne is much less known and less crowded, also what I like is that their sandwich is messier than others (more stuff on top!), and it's less salty than L'as de Falafel.
3. The orange (color not fruit) crepe stand near outside of Les Halles (you may have to walk around the entire perimeter to find it, I don't remember what street it's the closes to, it's been a while).
4. Lao Lanxang--ok, this is not going to be under 10 euros for a meal, but if you get just one dish and rice, it COULD come in under 10! best Laotian food I've ever had (which is not much, but this was the best)
5. my healthy desserts place when it opens!! (still a looooong way to go, as we haven't even found a location/name/license/anything yet...heeeheee, but I'm just so excited about it!)