For people who enjoy food, my parents are some of the pickiest eaters I know. Finding a place to go that meets my criteria and theirs is never easy. They are in and out of Oakland from 10-6 on a Sunday, which means I need to figure out a brunch place and an early dinner place. Here's the list of almost impossible criteria:
1. No Chinese food or a menu consisting of fried foods; mom likes "healthy"
2. We don't want to spend all of our time in a car; there are 5 of us and one four door car, they are only in town for 8 hours
3. Menu must have a good selection of lunch items, they will not want to order eggs and other standard breakfast items
4. They are Chinese, so they gravitate toward Asian food. Have had success with Italian food in the past
5. Seafood preferred over meat due to "healthy" criteria mentioned in 1 above
Past places they have liked include Kiss, Slanted Door. I thought Cotogna would be great for brunch because handmade pasta is similar to handmade Chinese noodles. Unfortunately they are not open for Sunday brunch. So far my best idea is Boulette's larder for brunch and a 4pm snack at Tay Ho before the flight. Does anyone have any additional ideas that fit these crazy criteria?
Updated 7 months ago | 8
Updated 6 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 4 months ago | 24
Updated 2 days ago | 111