We are New Orleans food bloggers, writing at He Said/ She Said NOLA (www.hesaidshesaidnola.com) preparing for our first visit to Vancouver in October. Obviously, food will be the focus and of course chains are out of the question.
We are just beginning to dive into the Vancouver food culture and have some questions:
1. Is there any sort of indigenous cusine, or perhaps a more regional Pacific Northwest cuisine?
2. What kinds of food does Vancouver do really well?
3. What ethnic cuisines are particularly well represented?
4. What's new in the local dining scene (trends, approaches, specific groundbreaking venues, etc)?
5. Any specific recommendations? High or low end or anywhere in between is fine; what is non-negotiable is fresh, high quality ingredients. Any place that is obsessive about the sourcing of their food is a plus.
Thanks in advance for the advice from any locals or experienced travellers. We can't wait to experience this town and bring a report back to the Big Easy!
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 8
Updated 5 months ago | 3
Updated 12 months ago | 3
Updated 6 months ago | 15