I'm coming into town (Santa Monica area) tomorrow from NYC for business, but as any self-respecting Chowhound would do, I'm spending endless hours just figuring out where I want to go for food. (thorough research on this board, triangulating against yelp....and I'm exhausted already just thinking 2nd,3rd thoughts).
I could use some help in figuring out some great choices! Open to all cuisines so long as they're delicious. And I'll cut out Chinese/Japanese food since I grew up in the SGV and know what I can get there.
The roster right now, along with what I'm looking for.
1. Fun, business dinner for young 30 year old's in Santa Monica/Venice area. (under $60/head)
Options: Mozza, Rustic Canyon, Animal? Chaya Venice, Moonshadow.
Tried the Wilshre the last time around - and that worked!
2. Sunday dinner on the Westside with date. Ambience would be great, but food/experience more unique to LA is a must :). No specific thoughts on budget.
Options: Bazaar, Animal, Gjelina, Father's Office?
3. Sunday brunch place with friend in Santa Monica.
Options: Father's Office. Monte Alban. Anything with a view?
4. Mexican taco truck convenient to Santa Monica
Running out of steam here. Any recs?
5. Delicious lunch takeout near the Griffiths Observatory?
Will report back. Thanks in advance
110 Navy Street, Venice, CA 90291
11927 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Father's Office Bar
1618 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA
1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291, USA