Second post from me, but here is my "background info" again just in case...
In about two weeks, my boyfriend and I (Swedish, 30 yo) are going to New York for 10 days. We will be staying in Harlem near Marcus Garvey Park but plan to go everywhere in Manhattan and some to the outer boroughs as well (will post this on outer boroughs board too). A big feature of our trip will, of course, be FOOD. I have a lot of questions, so have broken them down into two posts. I have read a bit on the board already so have some ideas, but would love new suggestions too!
I am a "pescatarian"(no meat other than fish or seafood), but my boyfriend eats everything. We don´t like overly touristy places, but as long as the food is fabulous they´re OK.
What would you recommend for...
1. Italian? Ideas so far: Lupa, Try to get in at the bar at Babbo´s,
2. Dim Sum (with carts)? Idea: Oriental Garden
3. Other Chinese (Szechuan, Shanghai preferred)? Or better to go to Flushing?
4. African (east or west)? Idea: Zoma (Ethiopian)
6. Sushi/Other Japanese? Ideas: Yakitori Taisho, Ushi Wakama
7. Other "ethnic" food not to be missed?
8. Vegetarian or Vegan (something a bit out of the ordinary)? Ideas: Angelica Kitchen, Candles 79
9. And finally... not exactly food but... great cocktail bars (sex and the city style... ;))?
Updated 4 months ago | 12
Updated 4 months ago | 4
Updated 6 months ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 15
Updated 2 months ago | 9