Hi All -
Making my first trip to D.C. since elementary school field trips to the Air & Space Museum, and was hoping I could get some restaurant help (been reading the D.C. board for a while and am feeling overwhelmed). Coming in for 3 nights and don't really have much in the way of plans, so we have a lot of time to explore the D.C. food scene. Feel like we obviously have some great food in NY, so would appreciate some places that are different from what we have up there (i.e. no steakhouses or classic french, etc).
To that end, we are looking for:
(1) One really great lunch at any price point, though I would hope there are some places in D.C. that have good lunch deals like NY. Multi-course lesuirely type place is what we'd prefer. For those familiar with NY, we are thinking like a Jean Georges or Eleven Madison Park type lunch.
(2) A couple dinner places that have a more local feel, entrees below $35.
(3) Any particular dinner place, whether local or not, that just has can't miss food. Any price point.
(4) Any smaller, cheaper lunch type spots. Whether it be a great chinatown type place, a sandwich shop....pretty much whatever.
(5) Any place with a good beer scene (went through the places on beeradvocate.com, but not very useful for finding good food as well).
Staying downtown, but location isn't really important (we have time).
Thanks for any advice!
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 2 years ago | 35
Updated 1 day ago | 28
Updated 18 hours ago | 35