Alright im moving across the country to live with my ladyfriend next month and i will be driving through a large portion of the south. i would like it if there were some places not too far off of my route where i can experience some good traditional southern (or any good food for that matter) cuisine. I really dont want to rely on fast food and other rest stop fare. If i could get a few good meals it would make my trip that much better.
Here is the route me and two buddies will be taking. 12. Take the I-95 SOUTH exit towards BALTIMORE - go 93.7 mi
13. Take exit #27 towards SILVER SPRING onto I-495 OUTERLOOP - go 22.8 mi
14. Take exit #49 towards FRONT ROYAL/MANASSAS onto I-66 WEST - go 64.4 mi
15. Take exit #1A towards ROANOKE onto I-81 SOUTH - go 375.5 mi
16. Take exit #1B towards KNOXVILLE onto I-40 WEST - go 53.4 mi
17. I-40 WEST becomes I-75 SOUTH - go 83.3 mi
18. Take exit #2 towards BIRMINGHAM/CHATTANOOGA(I-59) onto I-24 WEST - go 17.2 mi
19. Take exit #167 towards BIRMINGHAM onto I-59 SOUTH - go 123.8 mi
20. Take exit #137 towards MONTGOMERY/TUSCALOOSA onto I-459 SOUTH - go 33.1 mi
21. Take the I-20 WEST/I-59 SOUTH exit towards TUSCALOOSA - go 289.8 mi
22. Take exit #1C towards NEW ORLEANS onto I-10 WEST - go 32.0 mi
We are probably stopping about about 7 hours or so outside New orleans then driving through to new orleans the next day.
I remember going to Dreamland BBQ somewhere along the route to NO in alabama. Is that on this route?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 days ago | 29
Updated 18 days ago | 24
Updated 2 days ago | 28
Updated 3 hours ago | 152