A few years ago, my new wife and I went to Myrtle Beach for a little vacation. Generally, we had a good time, but we were very disappointed by the food. Other than a cool seafood place in Murrell's Inlet (I cannot remember the name, but I am pretty sure I could find it again), we didn't find any places that struck our fancy.
In a few weeks, we are going back with our 7 month old baby in tow. Since we won't have a baby sitter, nightlife is not an option. Furthermore, since we are not big drinkers, a big wine cellar or cool bar is not a priority. We are staying in a condo on the southern side of the main Myrtle Beach
What we would really like to find:
1. Good BBQ pork that is not a chain. Something that the locals would go to.
2. A nice local breakfast joint.
3. A place where we can get South Carolina homestyle cooking.
4. If I could find a good Mexican restaurant, that would be cool. But, I am a Texan of Mexican heritage. I am picky and would just as well skip mediocre Mexican food.
5. Every place will need to be baby friendly. To avoid crowds, we are willing to show up early.
What we don't want:
1. No GIANT CRAB BUFFETS
2. No Hooters or Dicks.
3. No Chains