Looks like I will be spending a week in Munich and surrounds in end of June.
Ive looked at some of the posts here and paged through some guidebooks but this is my first visit to Germany and I need to get oriented.
(1) are there any recommendable food guides to germany or the Munich/Bavaria area? the guidebook info is not exactly inspiring me (havent checked michelin yet) German language books would be ok. Any German or Munich food websites that I should take a look at.
(2) love pork, dumplings kraut and such but could not tolerate a steady diet of this for a week - looking for some places with more varied fare - any recommendations for excellent eating (maybe including mushrooms, game, fish, more vegetables) that does not break the bank? Are there any must visit places you would recommend
(3 My husband is a beer drinker but I really drink only wine. Any recommendations for wine-oriented dining or advice on what is available to drink (other than beer) in the beer gardens?
(4) Id be interested in trying turkish and other non-German food if there is anything really good on offer (we will be in Italy for the following 2 weeks) Any recommendations of good restuarants or neighborhoods where I could find good Turkish/other foreign chow?
(5) We will be renting an apartment for our visit - just beginning our research on this - any recommendations for likely neighborhoods that offer good local eating/food shopping or what I should be looking for?
(6) we may be taking one or more day trips during our stay via public transit. Any good recommendations f for delicious eating in Augsburg, Nurnberg, Salzbug or the adjoining alps area?
(7) any special fruits, vegetables or other seasonal foods in the area at that time of year ? Where to find these?
thanks a million for any help you can give!
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 11 months ago | 4
Updated 11 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 4