I was going through a HUGE stack of old Mpls-St. Paul magazines, and found one with the cover "Best BBQ!"
I've tried some of the Top Ten ( #3-Ted Cook's, #4- Market, #8-Famous Daves) and not been terribly impressed, but several I've never heard of. Anyone have any opinions on the following (including whether or not they are still open?):
1. Redstone- Minnetonka, Eden Prairie
2. Cap's Grille- South Mpls
5. Scott Ja-Mama's- South Mpls
6. Baker's Ribs- Eden Prairie
7. Rooster's- St. Paul
9. Whitey's World Famous Saloon- Northeast Mpls
10. Dixie's Calhoun (the mag did say that at lunch it was great and at dinner abysmal)
I know there are others out there, but this mag report was from March 2005 and probably predated a lot of newer places.
The mag also had separate lists of great places for particular meats (spareribs, hot links, baby back ribs, coleslaw, chicken, pork shoulder, sauce, brisket, rib tips, country style ribs, beef ribs. baked beans, Asian style and jamaican), but the above list was overall.
Updated 2 years ago | 26
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 10 months ago | 24
Updated 9 hours ago | 25
Updated 6 days ago | 46