Just found out today--company is moving me to NYC for at least one year. My office will be located at 40th Street and Broadway. The question is ... where should I live to maximize the foodie opportunities in NYC... Factors to consider:
1. Avid restaurant diner, but equally if not more avid home cook
2. Prefer hole-in-the-wall ethnic dives rather than "au courant" spots of the moment.
3. Access to a quality grocer store, ethnic markets, and especially produce stands is a must.
4. Prefer to keep the commute under 20 minutes.
5. Want to live in a nice studio / one bedroom -- budget roughly $3,000 / month.
Although the focus is on Manhattan (hence the location of the post), I would consider off-island recos as well.
Many thanks in advance... very excited to explore the city in more depth!