My husband and I just moved to Park Slope, and are eager to explore the amazing food options in our new hood. Recommendations for our best options for dining and shopping are much appreciated - from browsing the boards, I know we'll be checking out al di la, franny's, and blue ribbon sushi at some point, and we've already enjoyed amazing food from the Saturday and Sunday farmer's markets (we LOVE the fish stands at both!) and eaten several tasty sandwiches from Mr. Falafel.
Any suggestions would be great, though ideas for the following would be especially helpful, since we're on a budget and can't eat at the fancy places very often:
1) Best reasonably priced takeout - especially chinese, japanese, thai, indian, and pizza
2) Best bar for food (especially burgers!) and/or excellent draft beer
3) Best specialty food shopping (eg good and reasonably priced cheese, wine, Asian/Latin American groceries)
4) Best Ice cream, pastries, and other sweets
5) Best reasons to join the Food Co-op
We're at 3rd and the park and willing to walk, but places relatively close to 3rd St are a plus! Thanks in advance!
226 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215