I just had a a conversation with a buddy of mine that I thought would be a fun one to bring up on this board.
He moved back to Chicago 10 years ago and we were recently talking about things he missed about Florida. One big thing he missed was Publix subs. Shockingly, I know several people who've moved to different areas across the country who've said that. They make decent enough subs, but I don't think that's what I'd miss.
Either way it got me thinking about what I'd miss if I moved back to NY. Even though I've been in Florida for a very long time.
Many times on this board we see lots of posts about what people miss from back home. Though what would you miss if you had to move back to NY, Boston, Chicago, the Midwest, California, or wherever you're from.
Is there a dish you get down here that's hard to find back home? Perhaps there's something you think South Florida does better? Or perhaps there's a restaurant you've grown to love in South Florida?
Here are a few I'd miss in no particular order:
1) A great fresh blackened wahoo or mahi sandwich.
2) Some flaky delicious cuban bread, cuban sandwiches, and cuban food in general.
3) Chik Fil A. It's not that Chik Fil A is a great thing about South Florida. They just don't exist in NY. I'd may throw Pollo Tropical in that group too, but definitely a distant second.
4) Bru's Room bleu cheese. Their wings are really good and I've certainly found great wings in other spots. However their homemade bleu cheese really makes it.
5) I go to Orlando at least 6 times a year because of my company and I always hit up 4 Rivers and Cafe Tu Tu Tango every time I go.
6) Cigar City Florida Cracker
7) Blue Bell ice cream
I'm sure there are several other South Florida restaurants I'm certainly missing. Though it's hard to think about the specific ones I'll really miss unless I'm gone.
Let me know your thoughts. I'll add as well when I think of more.
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 31
Updated 5 months ago | 17
Updated 2 years ago | 11
Updated 2 years ago | 15