When I went outside to snag my paper this morning, I noticed a morel mushroom growing next to an old oak barrel I use as a planter. It's Labor Day weekend and yet, this confused little mushroom thinks it's spring. We had some heavy rains last night and the temps have hovered in the mid-70's the last week or so. This part of my yard is heavily shaded.
Unfortunately, my nemesis, the squirrel, beat me to it and nipped the top off the mushroom. So, no morels in my breakfast omelet.
Can somehow I dig the mushroom up and shake out the spores to encourage the growth of more of them? How do I do that?
Updated 1 year ago | 24
Updated 1 year ago | 101
Updated 2 years ago | 12
Updated 2 years ago | 62
Updated 10 months ago | 42