Hello everyone. I just surfed into this website and am glad to be here. For anyone who loves good food, I cannot begin to tell you how much I recommend a 3-day stop in Bozeman. My family and I live in Pennsylvania now, but I still can't forget the great dining experiences that we had in Gallatin County. Trust me, you will love it. My recommendations:
(1) The BEST restaurant in Bozeman is The Bistro, on East Main street next to the Baxter Hotel. Best damn food in the Northwest in my opinion.
(2) Have a try at SOBY's on East Main for the best breakfast in town. It is hard to find, but well worth the effort.
(3) BAGELWORKS (again on East Main, is there a trend here?) has wonderful and authentic bagels that are fresh, warm, and wonderful.
(4) THE BAXTER HOTEL on East Main & Willson has some of the best burgers I've tasted, but there is also a nice place on East Main (the name escapes me) that has a mesquite grill that is also worth the time and effort. It is easy to find and well worth the effort.
(5) Give a try to O'BRIEN's as well. Pretentious, but the food is interesting anyway in spite of the overblown egos of the staff.
(6) Do you love a good coffeehouse? Go to the LEAF & BEAN on East Main or to the ROCKY MOUNTAIN ROASTING COMPANY for some damn good joe without the pretentious BS of Starbucks.
(7) For a good place for a nightcap, go to the GALLATIN GATEWAY INN on Highway 191 and have one of their famous martini's.
(8) Stay far away from the usual suspects (4B's, Perkins, etc... and ALL of the Chinese food places since New Asia Kitchen shut down, unless of course you LIKE to eat grease. There are some among us who do.
(9) Lastly, and with great affection, during the summer go to Frank's franks in front of the Candy store on east main for some great hot dogs and polish sausage from one hell of a nice guy.
I live right outside of Philly now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I still miss Bozeman. Go there for some great food, people. You won't regret it!