We will have a group of 6 for my mother's birthday. The following are my search criteria:
SCENE: nice but not completely upscale and outrageously expensive, and not too loud and hectic. I want to make my mom feel comfortable (she's not a frilly person, likes simple things) while also making the dinner special (although I know she'd say as long as we are all there, it's special to her).
PRICE: reasonable in price as 1 person will be picking up the tab that night. Looking for about $50-60/person including meals and drinks but excluding tax and tip.
LOCATION: West LA, not too far from Century City.
This is a list of the restaurants I have it narrowed down to. They are all places that my mother has never been, but I've been to the first 3 and loved my experiences there and have never been to the last 2 but would like to try them.
Places I've been:
* Fogo de Chao in Beverly Hills - this place seems like one at which my mom would feel most comfortable. I've never seen the bill here - can anyone tell me how much it costs?
* Maestro's in Beverly Hills - also never seen the bill here, and I know it CAN get expensive but there are 4 girls and I'm sure there will be a lot of sharing.
* Opus in Koreatown - was thinking we would do the 3 or 6 course tasting menu. My mother's new husband doesn't have a very good grasp on the English language, so I'm afraid that the descriptions of the courses will be lost on him, which might just about make his experience there less worthwhile.
Places I've never been:
* French 75 in Century City
* Bread Bar in Century City - is this place good for a 6-person group?
Any other reccs along these lines?
Updated 4 days ago | 35
Updated 18 hours ago | 8
Updated 2 days ago | 53
Updated 14 days ago | 32
Updated 13 hours ago | 21