Victory 44 is the essential combination of love of food, simplicity and local faire. All you big chefs - come home to Minnesota!
1. Headcheese - I make it every Christmas with my mom - it is a tradition that I will pass down to my children's children. They did it fantastic - They fried it. New to the palate. I liked it!!
2. Fois Gras - Need I say more?
3. Fantastic service
4. Locals said "Hi" to by name - love it.
5. Wine and beer non stop until the happy hour ends - ours was in 15 minutes after we got there, but what a wonderful idea!
6. I fell in love with the food. Simple pleasures from childhood made beautiful. I will be back.
AND, I won't be scared to bring my parents that think that anywhere past 494/694 ring is impassable because it is the "cities."
I felt comfortable, I fell in love with the food, the service, the atmosphere, the laid-back-ness of it all, the "real Minnesota" that most of us don't know/remember.
This is great.
Thanks Victory 44 for making me fall in love again with Minnesota food....!
2203 44th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN