we are currently in paris and are basically here on a student budget. we're staying in the 13e in an apartment and will be here until the 27th. based on the recommendations on this board, we plan to visit the following (in no particular order)
2) pho banh cuon
3) pho bida vietnam
4) les quartres freres (already visited, thought it was above average, meat kind of dry)
5) la pasta papa (already visited, location was convenient for us)
6) pain et chocolat
7) rose bakery
8) green pizz
9) urfu durum
10) le relais gascon
11) paella guy at the Place Baudoye
13) Le Reminet-- if we can get a thefork.com discount
14) The Moose (visited yesterday to watch the world cup game)
we're going to try for a frenchie reservation, but probably won't get it. for our "splurge" restaurant, we're looking for something, either lunch or dinner, within a 30 to 40 euro/per person range. in addition to great food, we'd love beautiful ambiance and something not too small/cosy. also, something that we can reasonably get a reservation while we're here and something that doesn't require formal dress.
i'm also pregnant, so there are a lot of foods i can't eat (soft cheeses, pate, raw meat, runny eggs, etc) and i've noticed that a lot of the nicer restaurants tend to serve a lot of non-pregnancy friendly foods.
feel free to also comment on our running restaurant list. also, do any of the above mentioned restaurants require reservations?