Everyone's favorite professional chowhound, Monica Eng, has a nice little bit today, various ethnic places missing from our local scene. (Note, I have linked to the article, but it is on the Trib site, not the Metromix site, and registration is required--free).
So, what places are you looking for. Here are mine:
- Peruvian Roast Chicken - In LA, this is a HUGE, why not here?
- A more accessible Shanghai style Chinese place than Moon Palace. Again, Shanghai style Chinese food is big in other cities, especially New York, why not here.
- Truly authentic Italian regional places, like Merlo but from other regions.
- In a similar vein, how about an Istrian place
- A soba specialist that makes the noodles in house
- A really good Jewish deli, especially one that serves hand sliced smoked fishes
- Indian food from Bombay or Goa
- Mexican food from the Yucatan and a much better noreteno place than Nueva Leon
Updated 11 months ago | 40
Updated 1 year ago | 15
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 70
Updated 8 days ago | 0